So I’ve got back from travelling around Malaysia for 3 weeks and craved some comfort food. There will definitely be some malay recipes coming up though. This is just a nice easy bowl of comfort food. I didn’t make my own meatballs this time to make it nice and quick.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 pack of meatballs (336g)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 70g pasta, I used cavatappi but any small pasta will work like macaroni
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp oil, for frying
- Seasoning to taste ( like to use a really good pinch of fresh black pepper)
- Grated parmesan to finish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Pop the meatballs in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 200 degrees. If you haven’t got one in a lidded ovenproof casserole dish add some oil and fry the meatballs for 6-8 minutes or until they brown and are crispy on the outside. Set aside.
- In the same pan add the tbsp of oil. Cook the shallots for about 5 minutes until they have softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the paprika and give it a stir to coat the shallots and garlic. Do the same with the tomato puree and cook off for 30 seconds.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to the boil then turn off the heat.
- Add the pasta and cooked meatballs. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste, serve and finish off with some grated parmesan. Enjoy 😊
One Comment Add yours