I had some ras el hanout in the back of the cupboard and thought I better use it for something. As it’s Middle Eastern chickpeas came to mind and I thought I’d do a tasty salad. This salad was amazing! The spicy chorizo, warming spices and zingy preserved lemon. I am also addicted to semi dried tomatoes at the moment as they are so sweet. I could eat a pot on my own.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp tahini and a splash of water, optional
For the Salad
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cooking chorizo, skin removed and sliced
- Small bag rocket leaves
- 16 semi dried tomatoes, can use fresh or sun dried
- 1/2 preserved lemon, chopped
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl. Shake or whisk to combine.
- Heat a dry frying pan over a high heat. Add the chorizo slices and fry for a minute once they start to release their oils flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl, pour over the dressing and give it a toss so all of the chickpeas are coated.
- Add the rest of the salad to the chickpeas and fold through. Serve and enjoy 😊