I love jacket potato as you can literally put anything on them. I love a certain brand of baked beans with cheese on top. (If they are good enough for our queen consort Camilla, they are good enough for me 😉) My hubby Paulie doesn’t like beans so I had to try something else. Tuna, Sweetcorn, Mayo and cheese was a no brainier for me. I really like scooping out the potato and mix it with the filling and pop it back in, re bake so you get crispy skins and crispy bits on the topping.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 baking potato
- 1 tin of tuna, drained
- 3 tbsp sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 25g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees fan. Place the potato in the oven and bake for an hour.
- In a bowl add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and stir to evenly combine.
- Once the potato is cooked and is cool enough to handle. Cut the potato in half and scoop out the flesh into the tuna mixture and again give it another fold through.
- Put the skins back onto the baking tray and spoon the tuna mixture back into the potato skins. Bake for another 20 minutes and serve. Enjoy 😊
One Comment Add yours