I love tacos and P treated me to some taco holders, which I must say are brilliant. I’ve never made my own tortilla before but they turned out really good and were easier than I thought. At the moment asparagus is bang in season so I’m using them in lots of different ways, this slaw is delicious and keeps the asparagus raw and fresh.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup of light oil, I used olive oil
- 1 cup Luke warm water
For the slaw
- 1 bunch asparagus, spears only (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 white cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp mint and basil, leaves only roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onion, green part only thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Seasoning to taste
- 2 cups leftover beef, shredded
- 1 avocado, de stoned and flesh only
- Juice of 2 limes
- Small bunch coriander
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt, I used alpro
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the tortillas
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl except for the water, give it a good mix
- Add the water a bit at the time mixing with a spoon to combine.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 20 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes. Once rested tear the dough into equal balls and give them a ball shape with your hands.
- Put the balls in a tortilla press or roll out by hand.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side then place in foil to keep warm
For the slaw
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Place in fridge until your ready to serve.
For the avocado
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the tortilla into a taco holder.
- Next share out the slaw
- Top with the shredded beef
- Finish off with a dollop of avocado. Enjoy 😊