So a certain international supermarket has Greek week and during this week they sell a large jar of olives which are nice and firm I’m not so keen on the jarred olives that have gone soft they also sell a really good quality thin crust ready pizza base that makes 2 decent sized pizzas, though the sauce it comes with tastes a bit funky. The olives make a fantastic tapenade and as I was using a thin crust base I didn’t want it to be heavy with tomato and lots of cheese as that would make it go soggy so this worked perfectly and you could taste all the ingredients separately.
- 1 pack of thin crust pizza dough ready rolled
- 1 cup or jar of tapenade (I used mine recipe here)
- 1 pack of smoked pancetta cubes uncooked, 77g
- 1 bunch asparagus, snapped by having each end in hand and bending downwards it will snap leaving you with the tender spears
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, split into 2
- fresh black pepper
- Oil of choice for drizzling, I used basil oil
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees fan.
- Roll out the base of the pizza (I cut mine in 2 as it was large on a pizza stone or baking tray lined with grease proof paper
- First spread half the tapenade on each pizza base.
- Next add the pancetta cubes again split between the 2 if you have cut it in half
- Top with the asparagus spears
- Finish off with the Parmesan
- Put in oven and cook for 10 minutes, I checked mine and it needed another 2 minutes
- Serve by sprinkling over black pepper and chosen oil. Enjoy 😊