I haven’t tried making my own ranch dressing before but I wouldn’t go back now I have. It is creamy full of flavour and it has a subtle kick at the end. I had some left over. Tortilla wraps and have made chips with them before (recipe here) so I thought I’d have a go at taco’s mine broke in half but it didn’t matter, as soon as I got a mouthful of crispy taco with everything on top it is truly delicious and moorish. I will be having this again soon. It’s a great way to use up leftover blue cheese from Christmas to give you a fresher lighter dish.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the taco’s
- 4 leftover tortilla wraps or pre made taco’s
- 2 smoked trout fillets
- 1 sweet corn, outer leaves and husk removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 2 – 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Seasoning to taste
For the blue cheese dressing
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled
- 50g sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (I used light)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees (fan). Turn a muffin tray upside down and tuck in the tortilla wraps to form a taco shape. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then leave to cool and crisp up.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium to high heat. Rub the tbsp of butter all over the sweet corn. Place in the griddle pan and griddle on each side until they have charred abit. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl add the avocado, tomatoes and lemon juice. Season with fresh black pepper and sea salt. Mash the mixture with a fork so it is mushy with some chunks.
- In a separate bowl make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients and whisk to combine.
- To serve, flake the trout flesh between 2 plates then add a dollop of the avocado mix. Cut the corn off the cob, put the dressing in 2 pots and finish off with the crispy taco’s. enjoy.