This salad was simple but really tasty I always think chorizo and halloumi work so well together. I love wild rice as it keeps a bit of crunch and has a nuttier flavour. It is simple but really satisfying and each mouthful is really tasty. I had mine in my lunchbox at work and it worked so well.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 150g wild rice
- 6 small cooking chorizo’s
- 3 thick slices of halloumi
- 1 orange, segmented (I like blood orange)
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped (I used chargrilled jarred)
- small bunch of coriander, leaves only
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions, I cover my rice with 2 thirds extra of water bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid off.
- While the rice is cooking, cook the halloumi in a dry pan for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned chop into cubes. Slice the chorizo and cook the same as the halloumi, set both aside and kitchen paper.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- To assemble the salad add all the salad ingredients into a bowl and lightly fold through so all the ingredients combine and disperse.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the rice salad and toss to coat. Serve. Enjoy.