This is a great fresh, zingy, tasty salad. I love how fresh and healthy asian salads are. You can really use whatever you have in the fridge, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers and onions etc. I’m not a fan of raw onion in a salad as it repeats on me a bit so I use radish instead. This is one of those recipes where it tastes better if you can leave the dressing on overnight.
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the salad
- 200g raw or cooked king prawns, washed and deveined
- 50g wild rocket leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/3 daikon radish, scrubbed and finely sliced
- small bunch of mint, roughly chopped or torn
- small bunch of basil, roughly chopped or torn
- nest of rice noodles
- handful of raw cashew nuts
- handful pulse shoots, optional
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- If using raw prawns, cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes each side until cooked through, set aside. Also cook your noodles to the packet instructions.
- To assemble the salad, add the rocket leaves, radish, carrots, herbs, shoots and cashew nuts, lightly toss to combine. Add the noodles and toss with forks so they spread out evenly.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a jar or bowl, shake or whisk well to combine.
Add the prawns and dressing to the salad and again toss so everything gets coated. Enjoy