I fancied a change from salad leaves and wanted to use up some store cupboard ingredients, so this salad was born. It was really tasty, the dressing was delicious it was sweet zingy and coated the couscous and chickpeas really nicely. I can eat chorizo with almost anything so those meaty slices made it more comforting and hearty.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 90g giant or Israeli couscous
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 6 ripe cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 cooking chorizo’s
- small bunch of mint, finely chopped
For the dressing
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Cook the couscous and chickpeas according to their instructions and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and cool them down.
- Slice and fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar or bowl and shake or whisk well to combine.
- In a bowl add all of the ingredients, pour over the dressing and stir so all the ingredients get coated with dressing. Serve and enjoy.