This salad was delicious and easier than you think to make. I really like middle eastern flavours and this salad really highlights them. There is everything you need in this texture from the almonds, sweetness and creaminess from the artichokes, flavour from the cauliflower all married together with a slightly sweet and sour dressing. This would also work really well in a lunchbox.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 1 small head of cauliflower, roughly chopped into florets
- 1 tsp garam masala or ras el hanout
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- small bag of rocket leaves
- 6 green olives, halved
- 8 chargrilled artichokes, quartered (I used jarred)
- 2 small chorizo, sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp harissa paste
- small pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan). Place the chopped cauliflower florets on a baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and give the florets a rub so they are covered. Sprinkle over the garam masala powder and salt, rub again to coat the florets. Bake in the oven for 30 mins.
- If you are using cooking chorizo, fry the slices for 1-2 mins on each side and set aside on kitchen towel to drain off the fat.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a jar or bowl give it a good shake or whisk to combine.
- To assemble the salad, share the rocket leaves between 2 serving dishes, add the olives and drizzle over a tbsp of dressing over each salad. Add the artichokes, chorizo and cooked cauliflower. Drizzle over a bit more of the dressing and finish by sprinkling over the flaked almonds. Enjoy.
One Comment Add yours