Got left over beef from your sunday roast or bar b que? Use it up in this tasty delicious salad. This is a simple cheap but very tasty lunch. Great to take into work too as it will all infuse in your lunch box.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- small bag of salad leaves (I used watercress)
- left over beef chopped
- 80g puy lentils
- 8 cherry toatoes, halved
- 6 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- pickled carrots, chopped and optional
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tbsp of honey mustard (or just honey)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (I used bottled)
- small pinch of salt
- Rinse the lentils well under cold water, place them in a pan and cover with cold water about an inch above the lentils, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well.
- Once lentils have cooked, drain and rinse again.
- To assemble the salad share out the salad leaves between 2 bowls, add your lentils, sundried tomato, fresh tomatoes, beef and carrots (if using). Shake the dressing jar again and spoon over the salad.