This is the best cold treat to soothe a sore throat! Paulie and I have been poorly with sore throats and runny noses the last week. I even lost my voice for 3 days and I don’t remember Paul being upset about it. I wanted to make something that would soothe my throat and this recipe is perfect as it has loads of honey, a nice cooling sensation as it goes down and to top it all off is low fat as there is no cream. This is so simple to make and tastes a million time’s better than supermarket ice creams, though I must say the jury is out as to whether it matches gelato in Italy. I can’t wait to also have some when we eventually get a nice hot summers day.
- 2 Large Ripe Mangoes
- 250g Runny Honey
- Juice of a Lime
- 500g Full Fat Natural Yoghurt
- Squeeze the lime and prepare the mango by peeling and cutting into even chunks.
- Place the chopped mango, lime juice and honey in a medium saucepan and simmer for 30 mins. Once cooked let the mixture cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and chill for at least 6 hours but overnight is best.
- Add the yoghurt to the mango mixture and transfer to your ice cream maker and mix according to instructions (ours is 30 minutes) then transfer into tubs and place in freezer.
One Comment Add yours