So we are back from our holiday and although I enjoyed the food in the Seychelles I am also looking forward to eating our own lunches and dinners again. This recipe is a combination of 2 that I found online. I have never brined chicken before cooking and the blogger who described it made me give it a try, It was worth it! The chicken was so moist inside as sometimes in can dry out when it is oven cooked. When eating this recipe it tastes like a treat lunch but the bonus is it is really healthy too! I think avocado and chicken are a classic combination with the extra treat from a piece of pancetta now and then. To be honest most of my dressings tend to have mustard in them I love the tangy notes it gives to the other ingredients.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- 4 chicken mini fillets (or 2 breast)
- small bag of salad leaves
- 6-8 cherry vine tomatoes
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- handful of thawed sweetcorn
- 10g pancetta cubes
- 2 tbsp sea salt
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- First brine the chicken so it remains moist when cooked. Fill a small bowl 3/4 with warm water, add the salt, stir and pop in the chicken fillets making sure they are submersed. Leave for at least 15 minutes.
- In a jar add all of the dressing ingredients except for the red wine vinegar and shake well to combine (or whisk in a bowl).
- Remove the chicken breasts from water pat dry with some kitchen paper and place on a plate or bowl. Add half of your dressing mixture to the fillets rubbing all over so they are completely covered, set aside in fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees (fan) place the fillets in an oven dish and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a pan on medium heat and dry fry the pancetta cubes until crispy (around 2-3 mins) place on a piece of kitchen towel to drain excess fat and set aside to crisp up.
- When the fillets are cooked leave to stand so they can rest while you assemble your salad, divide the salad ingredients between 2 serving dishes, diagonal slice the chicken breasts and place on top.
- Add the teaspoon of red wine vinegar to the remainder of the dressing shake to mix and drizzle over the top, finishing off with a sprinkling of the cooked pancetta.