The first time I ever tried tempeh was in a little off road restaurant in Bali while we driving to the other end of the island. I hadn’t even heard of it before but the waitress recommended it to us. I was hooked. It is just a flavour sponge, you can marinade it any of your favourite flavours they don’t even have to be just Asian.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200g Tempeh, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil
- 70g whole grain rice, cooked to packet instructions
- Small bag rocket leaves
- 1 cup sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup fine green beans, thawed if frozen
- 2 tbsp finely chopped thai basil
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger paste
- Juice of a lime
- Crispy shallots for serving, optional
- In a lidded container or zip lock bag. Add the soy sauce, maple syrup and oil. Add the tempeh pieces and give a shake to coat the tempeh. Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes giving it another shake when your walking past the fridge.
- Heat up your air fryer to 195 degrees. Add the tempehreserving any of the remaining marinade. Cook for 10 minutes shaking half way through.
- Make the salad by adding the rice, rocket, sweetcorn, beansand cooked tempeh. Sprinkle over the basil I put mine on top of the rice and the crispy shallots, if using.
- Add the tamarind paste, kecap manis, ginger and garlic paste and lime juice to the reserved marinade and give it a good mix. Pour over the salad. Enjoy 😊
One Comment Add yours
Great for a quick and easy meal.
LikeLiked by 1 person