I love doing new and exciting recipes for my blog but sometimes it’s so nice to just do an uncomplicated dinner. This is great as it’s a one pot and ready in 30 minutes. I love leeks and chicken and had some cabbage left over so chucked that in too. You can use smoked bacon I just like the cubed pancetta as it is thicker in the cubes that bacon and has a lot of fat which you can brown the chicken pieces. It’s a simple but very tasty dish.
- 77g packet cubed smoked pancetta
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 leek, white part sliced
- 1/2 savoy cabbage, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1/2 cup peas, I used frozen
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper, use less to your taste
- 1 tsp oil for frying
- 2 Knobs of butter, separated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan that has a lid. Add the pancetta and cook until lightly browned about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the chicken chunks and brown all over for about 4 minutes. Set aside with the pancetta.
- Melt one of the knobs of butter. Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes. If they start to catch add a splash of water and put the lid on.
- Add the cabbage and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and return the chicken and pancetta back to the pan. Bring to the boil, put the lid on and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- To finish off, remove the lid, add the peas and bring back to the boil. Turn off the heat.
- To finish off, add the cream, parsley and salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy 😊