My husband loves black pudding and so do I to be fair. I think the reason I love it so much is because I love spices and black pudding has lovely earthy and warming spices to it. I am quite fussy with it though I’ve had a few bad ones where the iron flavour is too heavy and there isn’t enough fat in it. I’ve also had over spiced which again doesn’t taste great. The worse is if it’s a loose texture it’s so bad as it doesn’t cook in the middle, I’m not a vampire! This one was from one of our local butchers and it was delicious each part the fat, texture and spice was spot on. It was also one of the cheapest snacks I’ve made in ages, in total they only cost about £3.
- 2 slices of black pudding
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Fry light spray
- Pea and mint dip (recipe here)
- In a bowl crumble up the black pudding and add a splash of water. Spray you hands with a little oil and mould the black pudding into balls.
- Put the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- Roll the balls in the flour. Then dip in the egg, finally roll in the breadcrumbs so they are fully covered. Repeat with the other balls.
- spray the balls with the 1 calorie oil, put in the air fryer at 190 degrees or oven 190 degrees fan. Cook for 20 minutes. Serve with the dip. Enjoy6