For this weeks meatless dinner I made stuffed sweet potato skins. I have wanted to use whipped feta for ages and it worked so well in this dish. It was really filling and healthy. The sweetness from the potato works really well with the smokey harissa paste. The creamy avocado and salty feta really finishes it off so nicely.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the sweet potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ruby harissa paste
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh chopped oregano leaves
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp sriracha, optional
- Fresh pepper and sea salt
For the whipped feta
- 120g block of feta
- 60g cream cheese
- 1 garlic, peeled and minced
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the smashed avocado
- 1 avocado, peeled and de-stoned
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200c, fan setting.
- Wash the sweet potato, pierce the skin with a fork a few times and then bake for 70-80 minutes until cooked through.
- While the potatoes cook, peel and finely chop the garlic, quarter the cherry tomatoes and heat both in a pan with a glug of olive oil. Add the beans, paprika, apple cider vinegar, harissa, sriracha and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes on a gentle heat. Roughly chop and stir in the oregano then take off the heat.
- To make the whipped feta add all the ingredients except the olive oil into a food processor, turn on a slow speed and whilst it’s running slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Put it in a dish in the fridge with a drizzle of chilli oil.
- To make the avocado, roughly chop the avocado flesh, place in a bowl with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mash with a fork until required chunkiness, set aside in fridge.
- Once the potato is cooked, cut it in half. Scoop out 2 thirds of the flesh and add to the bean and tomato mixture. Fold the potato through the bean mixture and fill the potato skins. To serve, place the stuffed skins on serving plates and add a dollop each of the avocado and feta. Enjoy.