So my hubby isn’t keen on radish but I really like them so to tempt him into eating them I decided to roast them as he loves roasted vegetables. The result was so yummy it made them really sweet and that went so well with smoky chorizo. The chickpeas added great texture and the dressing married everything together. The best part is Paulie loved the salad, result!
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 tsp honey
- few pinches of butter
- 4 cooking mini chorizo, sliced
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 medium cherry tomatoes, quartered
- small bag of salad, I used watercress
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses (optional)
- pinch of dried oregano, mint and salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan). Give the radish a wash and cut in half. Place a piece of foil on a baking tray. Add the radish halves and drizzle over the honey. Add a few pinches of butter on top of the radishes and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat a dry frying pn over a medium heat. Add the chorizo slices and fry for a few minutes on each side until they release their oil and start to brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl. Shake or whisk to combine and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, add the chickpeas, tomatoes, cooked chorizo and radishes into a small bowl. Lightly toss to combine. In your serving dishes add a handful of salad leaves, top with the chickpea mixture and finish by drizzling over some of the dressing. Enjoy.