I really wanted to be reminded of Asia so I went for this salad with Fresh coconut and crab. You could use fresh crab meat but I went for the cheaper option and it worked so well. This salad is delicious in every mouthful. Creaminess from the coconut, sweetness from the crabmeat, crunch from the radish and peanuts, freshness from the herbs all rounded off with a yummy sweet and zingy dressing.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 170g tin of lump white crab, drained
- 90g of fresh coconut, grated
- 1 nest of rice noodles, cooked to packet instructions
- 4 salad radish, finely sliced
- small bag of rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- handful of peanuts
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a jar or bowl, shake or whisk well to combine, set aside.
- Assemble the salad by adding all the ingredients except the peanuts to a large bowl, lightly toss so all the ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Pour on the dressing and toss again to coat the salad ingredients.
- Serve by sharing the dressed salad between 2 serving bowls and sprinkle over some peanuts. Enjoy.