Got some leftover ham that needs using up? This recipe is delicious. I think the combination of ham, pasta, peas and mint work so well and really have a comforting nostalgic flavour. It is comfort food at it’s best and is really simple which sometimes is a good thing. I had mine in my lunchbox and it worked so well and really brightened up my day it was also really filling.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 100g whole wheat pasta, cooked to packet instructions chopped mint leaves
- 150g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- some cuts of left over ham or 2 thick slices (recipe here for ham)
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- pinch of sea salt
- Add the peas to a colander and rinse with warm water to start the thawing process.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, mine took 20 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Make the dressing by adding al of the ingredient’s to a jar or bowl, whisk or shake vigorously to combine.
- Assemble the salad by adding all of the salad ingredients to a bowl. Fold to evenly combine the ingredients.
- Share the salad between to bowl’s add the dressing lightly toss and top with extra ham if you have any leftover. Enjoy.