Sometimes I really fancy a fresh and zingy salad. I tend to look towards asia for inspiration. I was in the supermarket and saw a jar of yakitori so thought I would give it a go, it was delicious the flavours were so tasty and it gave the chicken really nice crispy bits. The cornflour also tenderises the chicken so it remains soft and juicy. The salad itself was so refreshing and I have a soft spot for lime and palm sugar. If you fancy a refreshing, tasty, textural satisfying lunch then this is for you. Ps. It worked really well in my work lunchbox too.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp yakitori sauce
- 1 heaped tsp corn flour
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 12 fine beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- small bag of salad leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- raw cashew nuts to garnish
For the dressing
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 medium chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Put the chicken strips in a bowl, add the corn flour and yakitori. Mix to combine, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but longer if you can.
- To cook the chicken, Heat a frying pan over a medium heat add the marinated chicken strips and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, add the salad leaves, grated carrot, chopped beans and herbs in a bowl, toss lightly to mix.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a jar or bowl, shake well or whisk to combine, pour over the salad and again toss to combine.
- Share the dressed salad between 2 serving bowls, top with the chicken and cashew nuts. Enjoy.
2 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.