So now New year has passed we are back on the healthy kick during the week. A great mid-week quick, healthy dinner is a stir fry and this one didn’t disappointment. I really like yellow bean paste as it adds a slight sweetness to the stir fry. It was so tasty and devoured rather quickly.
- 1 large skinless chicken breast
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp yellow bean paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine or sherry
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Chop chicken into chunks and place in a bowl with 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine 1 tbsp soya sauce and a splash of sesame oil. Place in fridge and leave to marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the yellow bean paste, soy sauce, honey and sherry together in a bowl. Then mix the cornflour with 3 tablespoons of water until smooth, then add to the paste mixture and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes until sealed on all sides. Remove and place on a plate.
- Add the sliced mushroom’s to the wok and stir fry for around 1 minute add the broccoli florets and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the wok, then pour in the sauce and stir over a medium heat until the chicken and vegetables are evenly coated and the sauce is thickened. Serve and enjoy.