Tis that time of year soon (excited) when we will end up with leftovers of meat and for some of us salmon. I love pate on toast and this salmon pate worked a treat. I love the kick you get from the horseradish and the zing from the lemon juice and zest all lifted with freshness of the coriander. I like either sour dough or my whole wheat bread for toast. To make this recipe even better it is so easy to make as you just chuck it all into a food processor and blitz.
Ingredients (serves 4 as a starter or 2 for lunch)
- 100g full fat cream cheese
- 100g low fat crème fraiche or soured cream
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp hot horseradish sauce
- 200g smoked salmon (trimmings are fine)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander or dill
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt and cracked black pepper
- For the pâté, put the cream cheese, crème fraiche, lemon zest, lemon juice and horseradish into a food processor and whizz together until smooth.
- Roughly tear the smoked salmon into the food processor and the dill, then process using the pulse button to make a coarse pâté. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the pâté into ramekins and serve with warm toast or bread (recipe here) .
One Comment Add yours
Looks so good