So I wanted to attempt to make homemade dark chocolate bounty bars. I couldn’t actually call mine bounty as they only resemble them, lol, however they actually taste better. This recipe is so easy you just need a bit of time to allow for setting and be prepared to get chocolate covered hands! I licked my fingers so many times!
Ingredients (mine made 15)
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 1 tin of condensed milk (397g)
- 200g dark chocolate
- In a bowl pour the condensed milk over the coconut and mix well.
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper. Grab a handful of the mixture and shape into you preferred shape (I tried to copy a bounty bar shape) once all the mixture is shaped, place in a cold fridge and leave to set for at least an hour.
- Once the bars have set melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water).
- Once the chocolate is cool enough to handle take a bar and spoon over the melted chocolate place on a wire rack (I put a tray under mine to catch the chocolate). leave chocolate bars on the rack for around 20 minutes then place back in the fridge so the set hard (I left mine overnight).