- 140g hot roast smoked salmon
- 100g smoked salmon
- 1 heaped tbsp dill, leaves only
- zest of 1 lemon
- 100g full fat cream cheese
- squeeze of half a lemon
- good grind of pepper
- good knob of butter
- Flake half of the hot roasted salmon into chunky pieces and put in a food processor with the smoked salmon, soft cheese and dill sprigs. Finely grate the zest of half the lemon onto a board and scrape it into the food processor. Add a good crack of black pepper.
- Blend the fish mixture until almost smooth, removing the lid and pushing down once or twice with a rubber spatula. Cut the other half of hot smoked salmon into small squares and gently fold into the food processor mixture.
- Spoon the salmon mixture into a sterilised preserving jar or small ceramic dish. Melt a knob of butter in a small saucepan and pour over the top of the salmon mixture. Garnish with a sprig of dill and lemon zest, cover and leave to set in the fridge. Serve with wholemeal toast (recipe here).