So I’m trying to empty the freezer and had some sausage meat and black pudding hanging around. I love black pudding and decided it would be nice on a pizza, you get pepperoni right, this is just our version. It was so yummy I did add some extra oregano as I have recently been to Greece and brought some home (it’s wild so tastes completely different). The great thing about pizza is you can build it to your taste and can top it with anything such a good stand by meal.
- 1 plain pizza dough base
- 150ml passata or tin of tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 25g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 black pudding, case removed and sliced into 1cm rounds
- 150g seasoned sausage meat
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of oil
- Pre heat oven 200 degrees fan
- Add the oil to a frying pan, add the sausage meat, break it up with a wooden spoon and fry for about 3 minutes so it’s all browned, set aside on a plate or in a bowl.
- In the same pan add the black pudding slices and fry for 2 minutes on each side., turn off the heat.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place on an oiled pizza stone or baking tray.
- Spoon over the tomato sauce and use the back of spoon to evenly spread it over the base.
- Sprinkle over the herbs and cheese.
- Next add the sausage meat and crumble over the black pudding.
- Cook in the oven for about 17 mins until the edges of the dough or browned and the sausages are crispy on the top. Enjoy 😊