I hate wasting food so I wanted to use up my Sunday roast leftovers. I’ve only ever put leftover new potatoes in a salad but I thought why not roast potatoes. I’m not keen on them cold so zapping them in the microwave for a minute worked perfectly making it a nice warm salad. The zingy horseradish and mustard was really yummy as you don’t want flavours too similar to your roast dinner. A great Monday or Tuesday lunch.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- Small bag of salad leaves, I used rocket
- 6 leftover potatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 gherkins, sliced
- 4 slices of thinly sliced leftover beef
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp oil, I used olive
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tsp mustard, either Dijon or english
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Good crack of salt and pepper
- Share the salad leaves between 2 bowls
- Put the potatoes in the microwave for a minute and a half.
- While the potatoes are being heated, make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a jar or bowl, shake or whisk to combine.
- Once the potatoes are done, add the gherkins to them. Pour over the dressing and give it a good toss to coat the potatoes.
- Spoon the potato mixture over the salad leaves and finish by tearing over the beef.