I love Greek food and its jersey royal potato season at the moment, so I decided to combine the two together. This is a great one pot and is really healthy. All the flavours are so Greek, the olives, oregano, rosemary and olive oil. It was so tasty and the flavours worked in harmony together.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 12 jersey royal potatoes, washed
- 10 pitted green olives
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Sprig rosemary, torn
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper (can reduce this to ½)
- 1 tsp corn flour mixed with a splash of cold water
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees fan
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and part boil for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside
- In a bowl add the olive oil, garlic, oregano, lemon, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper. Give it a good whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs and potatoes and give it a really good toss so everything is coated. Add the chicken and potatoes to an oven dish pour in 50ml of the stock and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes give the chicken and potatoes a toss in the pan and add the olives. Bake again for 25 mins so the chicken is cooked through.
- Share the chicken, potatoes and olives between to serving dishes.
- Place the oven dish on the hob (or pour the juices into a saucepan). Add the rest of the stock and bring to the boil scraping up any brown bits. Add the cornflour leave to thicken for a few minutes then pour over the chicken. Enjoy 😊
One Comment Add yours