So when Paulie goes into London for meetings he always swings by borough market to get me some goodies. He knows me so well no flowers for me but lovely culinary delights or an unusual ingredient I haven’t used before is the way to my heart. One of the amazing things in the market are all the different cheeses from all over the world. This feta cheese is so fresh it tastes so different to supermarket feta (I don’t mind the supermarket one though) it’s firmer, drier and more subtly salty. Just divine.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Small bag of watercress
- 1 cooked beetroot, cubed
- 1 avocado, stone and skin removed, cubed
- 10 walnuts
- 1 block feta
- 1 tbsp walnut or olive oil
- 1 tbsp light balsamic vinegar, I used white
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Heat a dry frying pan. Add the walnuts to the dry pan and toast on each side for 2 minutes making sure they don’t burn. Set aside.
- Add the watercress, beetroot and avocado between two serving dishes.
- Sprinkle over the walnuts and crumb over the feta in large chunks.
- In bowl add the oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup give it a good mix (I didn’t add salt as the feta is salty). Pour over the dressing. Enjoy 😊
One Comment Add yours