This is so versatile, you can add this to liven up so many dishes. just some of them include left over chicken, fish rice and pasta. You can change the herbs to suit your taste. As we were using it for pork I decided to use sage and oregano but you can mix it up with basil, parsley or even thyme. mine kept for a few days but that is because I used it up so quickly so it might even keep longer.
Ingredients (makes a small jar)
- 20g fresh sage leaves
- 20g fresh oregano, leaves only
- 10g coriander, leaves only
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 of a preserved lemon (optional), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp of water, if needed
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all of ingredients apart from the water and salt to a food processor. Blitz until a rough texture is achieved.
- Have a taste add some salt of needed. If the texture isn’t loose enough add in some water and pulse until your preferred consistency. Store in a sterilised jar in the fridge. Enjoy.