So it is that time of year when wild mushrooms are available. This brunch was delicious I always think you should keep wild mushroom recipes really simple because of their delicate flavours. I was so surprised how each type of mushroom had its own unique flavour and texture, I think that is why this was so exciting to eat. The soft juicy mushroom’s work perfectly against the crispy light sourdough toast. We drizzled roasted garlic oil over ours but rubbing the bread with half a clove of garlic would work just as well.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 pack or box of mixed wild mushrooms
- 25g butter
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 slices of whole wheat sourdough, toasted
- drizzle of roast garlic olive oil (recipe here) or 1/2 garlic clove
- parmesan shavings, to serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan until the butter begins to foam.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Let them sit for a couple of minutes, then begin to move them around. Add the garlic and season.
- Once the mushrooms are soft, after about 5 minutes, add the lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the thyme.
- Serve on top of toasted sourdough bread, which has been drizzled with roast garlic oil or a drizzle of plain olive oil and a rub of garlic. Finish with the shaved parmesan.